Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Freedom

I have been thinking a lot about the lies that we believe. I know that in my own life I have believed many many lies. The lie that I am stupid, alone, worthless,ugly and the list goes on and on. I have justifies these lies in my head yes I am stupid I cant spell I cant read very well , Yes I am alone because I am different , you bet I'm worthless who wants a person who cant spell or read very well I have no amazing skills and I have been told all through my life that I was ugly . But wait I know those are lies . God has told me as much. So why do I struggle so much with believing them? The truth is that I have grown comfortable with them. I have believed them for so long I know what to expect. Their are no mysteries no hidden passages ways. But with giving them up or choosing not to believe them anymore , now that is a whole new ball park ,I don't know what to expect I have no clue what is going to happen. And to tell you the truth part of me still is scared. Now at this point all I have done is identified these as lies. But I had not yet asked God what He thought of me. The truth is that God has made me perfect. He loves me and I am worth more to Him than anything else in the world. He laid down His life for me , He suffered bleed, and died for me. And He is My friend. "Greater Love Has no man than this ,that a man lay down his life for his friend"John 15:13. As for being afraid "1 John 4:18 There is no fear in Love; but perfect love casteth out fear;. And who is that perfect Love? 1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, God dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. So i guess it all comes down to trust. Am I willing to trust God with those lies . The answer is yes. I am willing. So I have given those lies up. Given them to God and Cast has casted them away.
So are you willing. Satan wants nothing more than to dampen your effectiveness for God. And if you choose to keep believing those lies then you and not being an affective witness for God.
Now I still struggle but God will always be their for me.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in dispair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed. There is true victory in Jesus. Will you chose today to be free?

2 comments:

  1. "The truth is that I have grown comfortable with them. I have believed them for so long I know what to expect. Their are no mysteries no hidden passages ways. But with giving them up or choosing not to believe them anymore , now that is a whole new ball park ,I don't know what to expect I have no clue what is going to happen."

    Well said, Rachel! That is so very true... it IS a choice, and we have the opportunity to be free!
    Dearest Roomie, know you are loved!
    ~Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I think you captured what is on so many of our own hearts that we can't express. Thank you for this wonderful post. You are beautiful and loved! You do not fight this struggle alone. I am fighting alongside you. Love you so much Rachel!

    ReplyDelete